The Ethos Diagnostic Science, now part of Zoetis, histopathology service is led by EJ Ehrhart DVM, PhD, DACVP. Through his leadership, the histopathology service provides results for clinical, genetic, and congenital conditions in companion animals.
We provide fast turnaround – in most cases within 2 – 4 days (upon receipt). We can coordinate histopathology with a case’s cytological, hematological and blood chemistry results.
Histopathology Services include:
- Routine biopsy processing for clinical or research samples
- Advanced margin evaluation
- Digital slide scanning with Phillips system that allows for the fastest turnaround time possible
- IHC & DNA-based testing
- Slide images provided as part of diagnosis
- Gross photos of biopsy submission available upon request
- Analysis of necropsy tissue samples
- Easy access to the pathologist for case discussion
Our team is dedicated to a service-minded approach that gives clinicians and their clients the most accurate and advanced information to make educated, thoughtful decisions for their patients and pets.